This project is read-only.

Question ?

Apr 25, 2008 at 10:51 PM
First let me say very impressive, I have been looking at the MVC and wanting to adapt and use the Ext toolset, but having hard time learning. Anyway, I was looking thru your code am I understanding that you have a function to create the C# code from the .js files from EXTJS or maybe I was just hoping ;-).

Again great stuff, hope you continue with it.
Apr 27, 2008 at 12:40 AM
Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

I don't have anything to convert C# from .js files. For that you will want to check out http://code.google.com/p/extsharp/. I am currently investigating if and how I could possibly use it with this project. I've been reading over the documentation today for Script#, which is what is used by the ExtSharp project. ExtSharp is a project which has used Script# to create a library of empty class definitions which provide intellisense, compile checking and all the benifits of working with a compiled language. You can write your ExtJs code using C# and then it will be compiled to javascript.
May 9, 2008 at 9:51 PM
Edited May 9, 2008 at 9:59 PM
In your sample code you have <js:ExtJsPanel ID="myPanel" title="My Header" html="My Content" width="300px"
renderTo="ctl00MainContentPlaceHoldermyPanel" collapsible="true" runat="server" /> on Index.aspx

ctl00MainContentPlaceHoldermyPanel refers to:

<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="MainContentPlaceHolder" runat="server">
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder> on Site.master

How do we know it is going to be prefixed by ctl00_ ?? I see the suffix _myPanel coming from the ExtJsPanel.ID

If you start adding numerous ajax controls, how do you keep them straight? Do you just add the ContentPlaceHolder then run in debug mode to see what name it is given? Can these change as you add or remove controls?

May 21, 2008 at 3:15 PM
Sorry for not replying sooner, I didn't see there was a new message on this thread. If you create a new discussion I will be more likely to see it - I don't know why these forums don't send me a notification.

Thanks for catching that. I believe that snuck it's way in there when I was troubleshooting something. I was probably trying to force something specific to happen by hard-coding the ClientID and I never cleaned it up. It is fixed now.